Determination of whole shoe thermal value and cold rating
A cold rating test to assess thermal performance. The item of footwear is tested on a heated artificial foot form and by monitoring the amount of energy required to maintain the foot temperature and the temperature of the foot and it’s surrounding environment, a range of minimum temperatures at which the footwear will feel comfortable according to the activity level of the wearer can be calculated. To test socks, a reference sample of footwear (FW11) is first tested with a reference sock and then with the sample sock (SK18) to assess the contribution made to the thermal performance of the footwear.
SATRA TM436:2010 Fabric: Outer 40% Wool 40% Acrylic 20% Nylon Inner 100% Viafil
- Dual layer Construction with outer Shell consisting of a high wool content.
- Height is 40 cm.
- Moisture transfer properties
- It protects to temperature of body in cold weather.
- Inner Viafil layer is anti odour
- Anti fungal with insulation